Mediation is a process in which two people come together with a neutral third-party, the mediator, to work on solving a problem. The mediator helps to guide the process and provide a space that is helpful for coming to the solution of the problem. The people involved are in control of the outcome.
Advantages over litigation:
- Better likelihood that the people involved will stay on good terms, or even improve their relationship
- Chance to customize a solution to fit the needs of the people involved
- Opportunity to control costs
- Greater potential for confidentiality
At Quinn Law & Mediation, LLC, we offer these mediation services:
- Divorce mediation– For couples wishing to divorce or enter into a legal separation agreement. Issues addressed: real and personal property, debt, maintenance, child support, parenting time, and parenting rights and responsibilities.
- Court appointed child issues– For parents and guardians completing their mandatory mediation through the courts. Issues addressed will be those referred by the court, typically parenting time, parenting rights and responsibilities or relocation.
- Marital mediation– For couples wishing to save and improve their relationships through the mediation process. Issues addressed will be determined by the couple at the beginning of mediation.
Contact us to schedule your mediation. We will be happy to discuss your options and help you make the right decision for you.
We offer additional mediation services upon request. Call us if you have another subject area in which you would like us to mediate an agreement.